Undergraduate and graduate degrees in Public Policy and Political Economy prepare students for a range of jobs in government, law, business, research and academia.
Students in the program gain analytical, evaluation, research and writing skills and can build additional expertise in areas such as geospatial information sciences through interdisciplinary coursework. Our graduates work in a variety of positions in the federal government, the World Bank and Fortune 500 corporations and have been admitted to many of the nation’s top law schools.
Students have access to opportunities to pursue internships and fellowships such as The Archer Center , study aboard and receive assistance to prepare for acceptance to law school through the Pre-Law Advising and Resource Center. One of only five political economy PhD programs in the nation, our distinguished faculty includes a member of the National Academy of Sciences, winners of the UT System Regents’ Outstanding Teaching Awards, and leaders in the field whose research is regularly published in leading academic journals.
- BA and BS in International Political Economy
- Minor in International Political Economy
- Double Major in International Political Economy and Global Business (with the Jindal School of Management)
- BS in Public Policy
- Minor in Public Policy
- Minor in Science, Technology, and Policy
- MS in International Political Economy
- Marburg/Dallas – MSc IPE (Dual Degree)
- Master of Public Policy
- PhD in Public Policy and Political Economy
- Graduate Certificate in Program Evaluation
- Graduate Certificate in Economic and Demographic Data Analysis