Choose your program and request more information below.
The Program in Public and Nonprofit Management offers degrees in Public Affairs. Public Affairs is a broad field of study that encompasses both the management of public (government) and nonprofit organizations. Undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificates in Public Affairs prepare students for a range of careers in public management and nonprofit management. The interdisciplinary program equips students with skills in management, policy analysis and an understanding of the core values of the public and nonprofit sectors.
Our graduates work in local, state or federal governmental agencies, nonprofit organizations, think tanks and academia. Many of our students also work in the world of business. Graduates are prepared to lead in all organizational environments. The Master of Public Affairs degree (MPA) is accredited by the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
The Public and Nonprofit Management program supports the broader community through professional and leadership training, policy and management analysis services and academic research.
In 2020, U.S. News and World Report ranked the public and nonprofit management program at UT-Dallas as #1 in North Texas, #3 in Texas, and #58 in the nation. The Program was also ranked #19 in local government management. Value Colleges ranks our Master of Public Affairs as #22 in the nation for best value for students. The public and nonprofit management faculty are highly collegial and committed to the success of our students.
- Graduate Certificate in Local Government Management
- Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Budgeting and Financial Management
- Graduate Certificate in Public Human Resources Management
- View: Public Affairs Graduation – Spring 2020
- PNM Job Market Candidates
- PNM PhD Graduates
- BS in Public Affairs Degree Plan
- 18 Characteristics of Doctoral Programs
- Meet our PhD graduates – Coming soon
- Meet our Master’s graduates – Coming soon