Our undergraduate and graduate degrees and certificate programs in Geospatial Information Sciences prepare students to work in a fast-growing field that involves using technology to collect, store, manage and analyze geographical data. Students gain skills using technologies including geographic information systems (GIS), global positioning system (GPS) and satellite-based remote sensing.
The Geospatial Information Sciences program ranked No. 1 in the nation for GIScience/Computation and Spatial Analysis/Statistics by Geographical Perspectives. The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency and the U.S. Geological Survey designated the program a Center of Academic Excellence, the only one in Texas and one of 17 nationwide, and the Environmental Sciences Research Institute (ESRI) named it one of its development centers. Our faculty includes leading experts in the field and pioneering researchers in Geospatial Information Sciences.
Students have opportunities to gain experience through internships, research and participation in student organizations. The program also offers scholarships and fellowships through a partnership with Pioneer Natural Resources.
- MS in Geospatial Information Sciences
- PhD in Geospatial Information Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Systems
- Graduate Certificate in Geospatial Intelligence
- Graduate Certificate in Remote sensing
- GIS PhD Graduates List
- GIS Pioneer Scholarships
- BS in Geospatial Information Sciences Degree Plan
- Esri Development Center Students of the Year Award
- 18 Characteristics of Doctoral Programs